Performs investigative work of a technical nature in the coordination of the intelligence-gathering activity in the office of the District Attorney; performs related duties as required.
Candidates for the position of Investigative Coordinator must posess:
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or a related field from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university and;
- Four years' experience in the specialized field of investigation of syndicated organized crime, including narcotics, syndicate operated gambling, bookmaking, policy, loansharking, etc.
Note: Experience in criminal investigation work may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of four years, there is no substitution for the specialized investigative experience.
- Considerable knowledge relating to syndicated organized crime and the relationship among individuals connected with syndicated organized crime.
- Knowledge of the basic rules of evidence.
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, court decisions, and administrative ruling pertaining to violations of laws.
- Skill in ascertaining facts by personal contact, observation, and examination of records.
- Skill in the use and care of firearms and in unarmed defense.
- Ability to use technical investigative equipment.
- Ability to testify effectively in court.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports.
Starting Salary: $83,700
Send resume to:
Nassau County District Attorney's Office
262 Old Country Road
Mineola, N.Y. 11501